An High quality Extra Virgin Olive oil is closer in chemical structure to the skin’s natural oil than any other naturally occurring oil.
- Thus it acts as the perfect moisturizer especially for dry skin.
- It can also be used to moisturise extremely dry skin prone areas like elbows and knees.
- Olive oil has regenerative power over skin tissue and thus regular usage ensures that your skin remains soft and smooth while keeping it toned and firmed.
- Good blood circulation is essential to provide natural glow to the skin. A weekly Extra virgin olive oil massage will not only enhance the blood circulation but also help in keeping your skin young and moisturised. You can also use olive oil as a carrier of other essential oils. Just heat olive oil and your favourite essential oil for a few seconds, making sure that you don’t burn the olive oil and give your skin the pampering it needs.
- For extremely dry hair, mix 4 tbsp. of Extra Virgin olive oil with half a tsp. of honey. Fill a bowl with boiling water and place a smaller bowl containing this mix in it so that you don’t lose the benefits of both olive oil and honey. Apply this to your scalp and let it sit for 20 minutes followed by usual hair wash and conditioning.
- Breast cancer: It helps in decreasing the chance of getting breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Diabetes: Olive Oil contains chemicals that help in reducing the blood sugar levels. Olive Oil acts as insulin after being digested in the body for patients.
- Extra Virgin olive oil-rich diet is much more effective than a low-fat one in combating obesity and losing weight. In spite of its high calorie content, it is proved to offer long-lasting weight loss solutions. So, try to consume at least one tablespoon of this oil every day.
- Another use of olive oil is to treat bad breath. Mix 1 tsp. of olive oil with 1 tsp. lemon juice and consume it on empty stomach. You can olive oil for shaving purposes. Apply it and use your razor to get rid of those unwanted hair. It can also be used post waxing as finish wipes. Use olive oil to wipe off the wax residue. It not only cleans your skin of the wax but because of its soothing properties, help to reduce redness and inflammation that occurs post waxing.
Olives and its oil are a good source of vitamin E, vitamins A and K, iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium, amino acids.